Saturday, November 29, 2008

Europe Trip 2008 - The Beginning

Work sent me out to Eindhoven, Netherlands for some meetings with our European branch. I figure while I'm there, I might as well take a week off and see Europe too, right?  

The following itinerary encompassed my two weeks in Europe:

October 13: Arrive at Schipol Airport, in Amsterdam at 7:00 AM.  I need to find something to do to keep me awake until bed time.  I need to fight the urge to sleep.  The Nuburgring is rather close – that seems like a great option!!!

October 14-16: Meetings at our division in Europe.  Man, those days hurt there.

October 17: Fly to Copenhagen to visit Margie.  I slept the rest of the day…instead of visiting the city.

October 18:  Fly to Oslo, Norway. 

October 19: Take the train from Oslo to Flam, then a cruise through the Fjords to Gudvangen.  From there, it was the train into Bergen.

October 20: Explore Bergen.

October 21-22: Roadtrip to explore the Fjords! Drove in the Rental Renault Clio from Bergen to Songdal, doing a loop around the Sognefjord.

October 23: Fly back to Copenhagen.

October 25: Explore Copenhagen on bike!

October 26: Fly back home.

No comments: